In 732 B.C., the hedge of protection was removed and Israel’s enemies invade the land and wreak havoc. The calamity traumatizes the nation but it takes place on a limited scale, as with 9/11. The warning is the removal of the hedge. On September 11, 2001, America’s hedge of protection was removed – the breach of America’s security; a sign that God has lifted His protective hand.
- Israel's wall is breached. This happened as God removed His hand of protection from them because of their unrepentant sin.
- Their response was one of to see this breach as only a matter of defense security.
- God's response to Israel's continued disobedience was not a knee jerk reaction, but one that followed extended patience with His people.
- Even so, the nation did not see this attack as anything more than a hateful, violent enemy trying to over run Israel.
- As they continued in their sin and knowing what they were doing was against God's law, they crossed the line drawn in the sand by the finger of God and God released the fury of the Assyrians upon them.
- America's security was breached. Like Israel, this was only a partial infringement of our national security, and is possible when God removes His hand of protection from the nation who had originally stated "In God We Trust".
- God did not allow terrorist to accomplish what they did because of their strategic approach or strategy. He allowed it to get the attention of the American leaders and people--to get them to recognize the sins of the nation.
- God is sovereign and knows the heart of all men; including Americans ("The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time" Genesis 6:5). We might do good things, but deep inside of everyone who has not been changed by Christ is an evil tendency to satisfy self.
- Because of the blindness to our own sin, America did not make the connection between our sinfulness and the attack of 9/11 or the economic crash of 2007.
- We've tried to deny what righteousness is by removing the Ten Commandments and other symbols purity and holiness that this country was founded on.